Terms of Service for Participating Nonprofit Organizations
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefiting partner El Paso Giving Day requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by El Paso Giving Day and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is a 501(c)3 and will provide our EIN number for verification.
- I confirm that my organization serves or has headquarters in El Paso and surrounding area.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to El Paso Giving Day to the campaign to create a sense of statewide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that El Paso Giving Day is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that El Paso Giving Day has no control of this process.
- I confirm that my organization has a website or Facebook page and that we will add the El Paso Giving Day link to one or both.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote El Paso Giving Day over the course of the 24 hour event using social media.
- I understand that only donations made through the El Paso Giving Day portal will count towards any prizes and incentives offered as part of the 24 hour event.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspaper, tv, or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in El Paso Giving Day.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that all donations and any incentive prizes or matching funds will be disbursed as soon as possible after El Paso Giving Day via electronic funds transfer minus applicable transaction fees.
- I understand to receive donations it is my organization's responsibility to provide a checking account that is eligible to receive ACH transfers from GiveGab's payment processor, Stripe. In the case that the bank account we supplied is unable to receive the transfer, and GiveGab has not heard from our organization in over 30 days, the donations will be refunded back to the donor.
- I understand that El Paso Giving Day is a program of the Paso del Norte Community Foundation (PdNCF) and all donations are subject to the ultimate control of the PdNCF and its board.
- I understand that Walmart will match up to a maximum of $1 million of the monetary donations made to qualifying non-profits from 12:01 a.m. on Nov. 7 through 11:59 p.m. on Nov. 14. Contributions earmarked for activity outside of the U.S. will not be eligible for matching funds.
- I understand that the Paso del Norte Community Foundation reserves the right to cap matching funds for qualifying non-profits at $50,000 per organization should the campaign exceed $1 million in monetary donations.